Archive for the ‘Beijing Olympic’ Category

Business Chinese – 你真是心狠手辣 – Chinese School

Monday, September 13th, 2010

【你真是心狠手辣】

Zina:           No, Vince, not next week. Now. You need to 1) guarantee me 5 percent.

吉娜:  不,文斯,下星期不成。我要你现在就保证我能拿百分之五。

Vince:  But you just said 4 percent!

文斯:         但你才刚说过百分之四的!

Zina:           If the next word out of your mouth isn’t “Yes” it’s going up to 6 percent.

吉娜:         若是下一个从你嘴中冒出来的字不是“好”,就会涨到百分之六了。

Vince:  Yes! OK, yes. Stop it! You are just 2) ruthless.

文斯:  好!好就好吧。别再来了。你真是心狠手辣。

Zina:  That’s why you love me. One other thing. Did you leave me a note this morning on a green post-it?

吉娜:         所以你才爱我啊。还有件事。你今天有留张绿色便利贴在我桌上吗?

Vince:         I don’t think so. Mine are yellow. Why?

文斯:         我想没有吧。我的是黄色的。怎么?

Zina:           3) Never mind. I’m looking for somebody who uses green.

吉娜:         别放在心上。我在找用绿色的人。

语言详解

A: Can you guarantee me that I will like this product?

你能跟我保证我会喜欢这个产品吗?

B: Oh, yes. Otherwise we will give you back your money.

能。否则我们就会退还你的钱。

I don’t think so. 我想没有吧】

这个句型是柔性的”No”,潇洒地否定对方刚提到的事或说过的话。

A:  Is there anything else you want to tell me about?

还有其他什么事要告诉我的吗?

B:  I don’t think so.

我想没有吧。

A:  It looks like rain.

好像下雨了。

B:  I don’t think so.

我想没有吧。

1)guarantee (v.) 保证

2)  ruthless (a.) 冷血无情的

3)  Never mind. 别在意,别放在心上

Chinese School – 我们得要抢先完成 – Business Chinese

Monday, September 6th, 2010

【我们得要抢先完成】

Mary:          Is it true that one of our 1) competitors is planning to 2) launch their 3)tracking service next month?

玛莉:         听说我们有个竞争对手打算下个月推出监测流量的服务,这是真的还是假的?

Elvin:  That would be “WebTracker”. We’re heard they’re almost ready. That’s why we have to finish first.

艾文:         你说的是“网路搜寻家”。听说他们几乎准备好了。所以我们得要抢先完成。

Mary:          Or they’ll take over the market before we even get started.

玛莉:         否则在我们还没来得及开始之前,他们就会占去整个市场。

Elvin:  Right. And that would be a total 4) giga-bummer.

艾文:         没错。到时就一败涂地了。

Mary:          I guess we’d better get back to work.

玛莉:         我猜我们最好赶快回去工作吧

语言详解

A: You have such a strange accent. Where are you from?

你的口音奇怪。你是哪里人?

B: Take a guess.

猜猜看。

take over 接掌、占据】

take over 表达商务上或军事上的“接掌、占据”。

A: Once again, the military has taken over the African country.

又一次军方接管了那个非洲国家。

B: Do you think that’ll interrupt your plan of taking over the market there?

你想这会干扰到你要掌控该地市场的计划吗?

A: Maybe and maybe not. I just have to wait and see.

或许会,或许不会。我只有等着瞧了。

1) competitor  (n.) 竞争者

2) launch  (v.) 事业登场,投入市场

3) tracking service 监控服务,此指“监控网站流量的服务”。

4) giga-bummer  bummer是指“倒霉、不幸的遭遇”, giga这个“字首” 是指“十亿”,意即“非常巨大,非常多”。

Business Chinese – 这是生意经 – Chinese School

Monday, August 30th, 2010

【这是生意经】

Zina:           My accounts go where I go. Vince knows that.

吉娜:         我到哪里,客户就跟到哪。文斯知道的。

Dave:  Wow. You are a real snake.

戴夫:  哇。你真狡猾。

Zina:           It’s business, Dave.

吉娜:         这是生意经,戴夫。

Dave:          I know, I know. Kill, or die, right?

戴夫:         我知道,我知道。不是杀人就是被杀,对吧?

Zina:  Right. The 1) faint of heart should not 2) apply.

吉娜:         没错。绝对不可以显得胆小。

Dave:          I really feel sorry for that rhumba boy if he ever 3) identifies himself.

戴夫:         若那个伦巴男孩现身,我还真会替他感到难过。

Zina:           So do I.

吉娜:         我也是。

语言详解

A: She applied so much make-up to her face that I don’t recognize her anymore.

她在脸上用了好多化妆品,我都认不出她来了。

B: I thought she was wearing a mask.

我还以为她戴了面具呢。

So do I. 我也是。】

谈话中对方提到某种想法或动作,而你要表示同感时常会用到这个句型,要注意助动词do要置于主词 I 之前。类似的句型还有So am I.也表示“我也是”。

使用So do I 或So am I 取决于对方是否使用be动词,使用be 动词则用So am I,其他动词则用So do I. 。

A: I want to find out where John is.

我想要找出约翰到底在哪里。

B: So do I.

我也是。

A: I’m anxious to know if I’m admitted to the college.

我急于想知道我是否被那所大学录取了。

B: So am I.

我也是。

1) faint of heart 心生畏惧

2) apply  (v.) 适用,运用

3) identify oneself  表明身分