韩佳:快乐学汉语,轻松又好记。
Learn Chinese the fun way.
It’s easy to remember.
欢迎来到《快乐中国》。
Welcome to this edition of Happy China.
我是快乐的韩佳。
I am Merry Han Jia.
大牛:大象出来喽,骑在它背上。
The elephants are coming out!
I’m riding on his back.
韩佳:哎,大牛,
Eh, Daniel,
你今天该不会是有新花样了吧?
do you have any fancy ideas today?
大牛:那是。
Sure.
今天我大牛要给大家露一手啦。
I’m going to show off my skills today.
韩佳:露一手?
Show off your skills?
你该不会是要驯象吧?
You are not going to put on an
elephant-training performance, are you?
大牛:哎,还真是被你猜对了。
Hey, you bet.
就是驯象。
It is right my elephant-training performance.
你看看我这身行头。
Look at this outfit of mine.
像不像一个训练有素的驯象师啊?
Do I look like an experienced
elephant trainer?
韩佳:是有点儿像。
Sort of.
可光像有什么用啊。
But it is no use just looking like one.
你也得有那两下子才行啊。
You’ve got to have some real skills.
大牛:韩佳,我们俩是老搭档。
Han Jia, we are old co-presenters.
你怎么总是不相信我的话呢?
Why do you never believe me?
看来我不拿出一点儿真功夫来
It seems that you wouldn’t believe me
你是不服啊。
if I didn’t show you some of
my real skills.
各位兄弟姐妹,
Brothers and sisters,
今天我们是初次见面。
this is our first time to meet each other.
一会儿请大家一定给我捧捧场。
I expect your support for me.
别让我大牛出丑。
Don’t let me make a fool of myself.
我先在这里谢谢大家了。
Here I thank you all in advance.
韩佳:哎,大牛,
Hey, Daniel,
怎么还没开始啊?
why haven’t you started yet?
大家都等得不耐烦了。
We are all getting impatient.
你别再慢腾腾的了。
Don’t be so slow.
大牛:你说什么?
What did you say?
慢腾腾?
“Mantengteng”?
韩佳:“慢腾腾”是一个状态词,
“Mantengteng” is an adverbial
表示动作慢。
used to describe action being
extremely slow.
大牛:“慢腾腾”表示动作慢。
“mantengteng”, is used to describe
action being extremely slow.
慢腾腾。
“Mantengteng”.
韩佳,我这怎么叫慢腾腾。
No, I’m not being slow.
我总得先跟它们交流一下吧。
Anyway, I have to do some
communication with them.
韩佳:那现在交流完了
You have already communicated
with them.
该开始了吧!
Start now please!
大牛:好,我宣布,表演现在开始。
Okay, I declare the start of my performance.
我们先向观众朋友们行个礼。
We should salute our audience first, okay?
谁做得好就有甘蔗吃了。
Whoever does it well can have
some sugarcane.
Sheí zuò de hǎo , jiù yǒu gānzhe chī.
谁 做 得 好,就 有 甘蔗 吃。
Whoever does it well can have
some sugarcane.
哎,我说你们这群大象还真不给面子。
Hey, you elephants, none of you
cares about my feelings.
都不想吃甘蔗了?
None of you wants to eat sugarcane?
好,我们再来一遍啊。
Well, let’s start all over again.
这次一定要听话啊。
This time, you should all be obedient.
哎,我的甘蔗!
Oh, my sugarcane!
韩佳:大牛,
Daniel,
它们好像都不听你的。
they don’t seem quite willing to
take your orders.
是不是你的方法有问题呀?
Is there anything wrong with
your approach?
大牛:你别净瞎猜。
Don’t guess blindly.
我的方法肯定没有问题。
There’s absolutely nothing wrong
with my approach.
就是它们还没有进入状态。
The only thing is that they haven’t
entered their readiness.
一会儿就好了。
It’ll be okay in a moment.
韩佳:不错!
Not bad!
大牛:你看,进入状态了吧。
Look, they have entered their readiness.
韩佳,
Han Jia,
你见过大象走独木桥吗?
have you ever seen an elephant
walking along a single-log bridge?
韩佳:没有。
No. Not ever.
大牛:今天我驯象师大牛要让你见识见识
Today, I’d like you to see with
your own eyes
大象是怎么走独木桥的。
how an elephant walks along
such a bridge.
请看!
Look!
韩佳:哎呀,太不简单了!
Oh, that’s fantastic!
大牛,你也够辛苦的呀!
Daniel, you did wonderful job!
大牛:哪里,哪里。
Thanks.
你看那头大象还挺会献殷勤的。
Look at that elephant.
He knows how to please you.
来了。
He is coming.
韩佳:它把花献给我了!
He’s presenting the flowers to me!
谢谢,谢谢。
Many thanks.
大牛:您看到了吧?
Did you see that?
韩佳:这叫借花献佛。
This is called “jie hua xian fo”.
怎么大牛,
Daniel,
你是不是羡慕我呀?
you must envious of me!
“借花献佛”就是拿别人的东西
“Jie hua xian fo” means to give some one
来做人情
the gift of another.
大牛:借花献佛,字面意思是
“jie hua xian fo”, literally
把借来的花献给佛,
to make an offering of borrowed
flowers to the Buddha,
比喻拿别人的东西来做人情。
is a phrase meaning to give someone
the gift of another.
借花献佛。
“Jie hua xian fo”.
Jiè huā xiàn fó
借 花 献 佛
to give someone the gift of another
韩佳:我说驯象师,
Hey, our great elephant trainer,
你怎么就歇着了呀?
why are you taking a break?
大牛:演出结束了。
The performance is over.
观众们也走得差不多了。
The spectators have almost all left.
韩佳,你想不想骑大象啊?
Han Jia, do you want an elephant ride?
韩佳:骑大象?当然想了。
Riding an elephant? Of course.
可是它听你的吗?
But will she listen to you?
大牛:当然了。
Sure, of course.
你看刚才未来小姐多乖呀。
As you saw just now how meek
Miss Weilai was.
现在是我让它们做什么
They will do whatever
它们就得做什么。
I ask them to do.
韩佳:好,那我可就相信你一回啊。
Okay, I’ll trust you this time.
大牛:好。请。
Good. Please.
来,起来!
Come on! Up!
你看电视机前那么多观众朋友们看着。
You see how many TV viewers
are looking at us.
你给我点儿面子吧。
You must save some face for me.
别让我下不了台呀!
Don’t let me down!
快点儿起来!
Stand up!
韩佳:它还真听你的话呀。
He does listen to you indeed.
大牛:我就知道这招管用。
I just knew that would work.
Wǒ jiù zhīdao zhè zhāo guǎn yòng.
我 就 知道 这 招 管 用。
I just knew that would work.
韩佳:大牛
Daniel!
大牛:韩佳,刚才坐在大象的背上
Han Jia, did you feel pretty good
感觉不错吧?
when you rode that elephant?
韩佳:不错!
Yeah, pretty good!
你怎么坐到大象的鼻子上来了?
Why are you sitting on the elephant’s nose?
不怕掉下来呀?
Aren’t you afraid of falling off?
大牛:你别看我不敢摸老虎的屁股,
Though I dare not touch a tiger’s backside,
这大象的鼻子我敢坐。
I certainly dare to sit on an elephant’s nose.
它们的鼻子可有劲了。
Their noses are very strong.
坐在上面稳稳当当的。
I can sit here very steadily.
不信你来试试。
You can have a try if you doubt it.
韩佳:我 可以吗
Me, is it okay?
大牛:没问题呀。
No problem.
有我这个驯象师在嘛,
With me as the elephant trainer here,
保你安全。
I guarantee you’ll be safe.
韩佳!
Han Jia!
韩佳:你,你这个冒牌的驯象师!
You are a sham elephant trainer!
大牛:你再试一遍。肯定没问题。
Try again. There’ll be no problem.
韩佳:还试啊?我不试了。
Again? No, I won’t.
还不如看看今天的赏心悦目呢。
I’d prefer to watch today’s Feast
for the Eyes.
赏心悦目:
大象表演是野象谷的一大奇观
One of the spectacles at the Wild Elephant
Valley is elephant performances.
滑稽可爱 憨态可掬
Their lovely antics as well as
精彩的表演总能博得游人的喝彩
their wonderful performances always
draw rounds of applause.
和大象拔河
A tug of war with an elephant
更是使人妙趣横生
is an even more exciting event.
让人忍不住要犒劳一番
And the winner always deserves an award.
山谷中幽静 安宁
It is a quiet and peaceful valley,
树木花草将这里装扮得生机盎然
adorned with luxuriant plants and flowers.
大牛:原来它们会的东西还真不少哪!
Actually they do know quite a lot!
怪不得大家都说
No wonder people say
大象是一种智商很高的动物。
elephants are a high-IQ animal.
韩佳,你怎么还不说话?
Han Jia, why are you so quiet?
还生我的气呢?
Are you still angry with me?
韩佳:嗨,我是在想今天的问题。
Oh, I’m thinking of today’s question?
想好了。
Yeah, I’ve got it.
(问题部分略)
我们会为您送上精美的纪念品。
We’ll send you a classy souvenir.
大牛:节目的最后还是要提醒您
At the end of this program, we’d
still like to remind you
别忘了我们的口号。
not to forget our slogan.
韩佳:那是在说…
They are speaking it…
大牛:大象语。
in the elephant language:
合: 学说中国话,朋友遍天下。
Learn Chinese and make friends everywhere!
(Source: cctv.com)