韩佳:快乐学汉语,轻松又好记。
Let’s learn Chinese with fun.
It’s much easier to remember.
大家好,欢迎来到《快乐中国》。
Hello, welcome to this edition of Happy China!
我是快乐的韩佳。
I am the happy Han Jia.
您也看到了。今天啊,大牛又不在。
As you may see, Daniel isn’t with me
again today.
据他说呢,是去完成一项秘密任务。
He said he was going to accomplish a secret task.
算了,不说他了。
Oh, forget about him.
我们还是先到绕南陶瓷主题园
Let’s go to the Raonan Ceramics Theme Park
去快乐学汉语吧。
and learn Chinese there first.
大老远的就听见这边的动静了。
I heard from afar something going on here.
观众朋友们,
Audience friends,
您是不是也很想知道我身后
do you also want to know
这些巨大的工具是干什么用的?
what these huge tools are used for?
那我现在呢,就去问个明白。
Now let me find it out.
您好,师傅。
Hello, sir.
不理我。声音不够大。
No answer. Maybe my voice is not loud enough.
那边那位师傅!
Hello, the gentleman over there!
大牛:啊,你不会是在叫我吧?
Oh, are you talking to me?
韩佳:大牛!怎么会是你啊?
Daniel! How could you be here?
大牛:看你这话说的?
What do you mean?
怎么就不会是我呢?
Why should I not be here?
我的秘密任务是要到这里来
My secret task is to come here
当一天学徒。
and be an apprentice for a day.
韩佳:你可真够神出鬼没的呀!
You are really “shen chu gui mo”!
大牛:我不是神,更不是鬼。
No, I am neither a god, nor a devil.
韩佳:我说你是神出鬼没,
I said “shen chu gui mo” to mean that
是说你一会儿出现,一会儿又消失;
you always appear and disappear unexpectedly,
变化快,难以捉摸。
suddenly and elusively.
大牛:哦,原来是这样。
Oh, I see.
“神出鬼没”就是说你一会儿出现,一会儿又消失。
“shen chu gui mo” means to appear and disappear
suddenly, to come and go like a shadow.
神出鬼没。
“shen chu gui mo”.
Shén chū guǐ mò
神 出 鬼 没
to come and go like a shadow
对了,韩佳,你想问我什么啊?
Yeah, Han Jia, what did you want to ask me?
韩佳:我是想问问你
I wanted to ask you
那些工具都是干什么用的呀。
what those tools are used for.
大牛:这个简单。这个是水碓,
That’s a simple question.
This is a trip-hammer,
一种依靠水力来把瓷石粉碎的工具。
a water-powered china-stone grinding tool.
那个呢,是碓杆。
And that is the lever holding the hammer.
小块儿的瓷石就要放在这里被粉碎。
Smaller chunks of china-stone are ground here.
韩佳:那好好的瓷石干吗要弄得那么碎呀?
Why do these chunks of china stone have
to be ground?
大牛:粉碎好的瓷石
The ground chine-stone
要拿到对面的釉果作坊里
is to be taken into the glaze-making mill
加工成釉果。
to be processed into glaze paste.
我听师傅说
Some workers told me that
这座水碓是宋朝的时候修建的。
this trip-hammer was built in the Song Dynasty.
后来又经过很多次维修。
It has been repaired many times later.
你看,现在还保存得很好。
Look, how well it’s been preserved here.
韩佳:没想到,这座水碓
I didn’t expect this trip-hammer
有这么悠久的历史啊。
could have such a long history.
对了。你刚才说的釉果
Oh, yes. What is the glaze paste
又是什么东西啊?
you mentioned just now?
大牛:就让我来给你补上一课吧。
Let me make up the lesson you missed.
我们都知道瓷器上
As we all know that on the surface of porcelain,
有一层像玻璃一样光滑的表层。
there is a layer of glass-like substance.
这就是釉。而釉果就是配制釉的原料。
It is called glaze. And the glaze paste
is a material for making glaze.
韩佳:哦,原来釉果是这么回事啊。
Oh, I see what “you guo” is now.
不知道的人
Those who don’t know
还以为是什么好吃的果子呢!
might think it’s a kind of delicious fruit!
嘉宾:大牛,
Daniel,
大牛:哟,师傅叫我了。
Oh, my Shifu (mentor) is calling me.
我得把刚才粉碎好的瓷石拿到对面去。
I am to take the ground china-stone
to the mill on the other side.
要不,你也跟我来。
You may also come with me.
韩佳:好吧。
OK.
大牛:韩佳,我来给你介绍一下。
Han Jia, let me introduce you to them.
这位就是我的师傅。
This is my mentor.
韩佳:师傅,您好。
“shi fu”, how are you?
我是大牛的搭档,叫韩佳。
I am Han Jia, Daniel’s partner.
嘉宾:您好!
Hello!
韩佳:我想问一下这个制作釉果复杂吗?
Is making the glaze paste very complicated?
嘉宾:不复杂。
No, not at all.
韩佳:一共有几道工序啊?
How many steps are there altogether?
嘉宾:七道。
Seven.
韩佳:那您现在是在做什么?
What are you doing now?
嘉宾:打釉果。
I’m making beating the glaze paste.
大牛:我们要把粉碎好的瓷石
We have to filter the ground china-stone and
一层一层过滤沉淀。
let the powered substance settle to the bottom.
最后留下来的细粉
Only the very fine substance
就可以加工成釉果了。
can be processed into glaze paste.
韩佳:嗬,大牛,没想到就这么
Ha, Daniel, I didn’t expect to see that
半天工夫你已经不像个生手了。
only in half a day, you are not longer
like a “sheng shou” (rookie).
Jiù bàntiān gōngfu, nǐ yǐjīng bú xiàng ge shēngshǒu le.
就 半天 工夫, 你 已经 不 像 个 生手 了。
It’s only been a while and already you’re
looking like an expert.
大牛:“生手”?你的意思是初学者?
“sheng shou”? You mean a beginner?
韩佳:对。它的意思呢
Yes. It refers to
就是说新从事某项工作
someone who is doing a job
对这项工作还不熟悉的人。
only as a beginner.
它的反义词呢,就是熟手。
Its antonym is “shu shou” (skilled worker).
大牛:韩佳,你看看这个。
Han Jia, look at this.
这个就是釉果。
This is the so-called glaze paste.
是用那样的模子做成的。
It is made using that kind of mould.
当地俗称墩子。
Locals call it “dun zi”.
韩佳:哦,对了,大牛,
Oh, yeah, Daniel,
你有没有听说这里有一个
did you hear there is
什么什么遗址来着?
some sort of a historical site around here?
大牛:你是说龙窑遗址吧?
You mean the site of the Dragon Kiln?
韩佳:对对对。就是龙窑遗址。
Yes, yes. It’s the site of the Dragon Kiln.
你去看过了吗?
Have you visited it yet?
大牛:还没呢。
No, not yet.
要不,我跟师傅请个假,
Would it be better for me to ask my “shi fu”
for leave
我们一起去看看?
so that we can go take a look together?
韩佳:好!
Great!
大牛:师傅,我先走了。
Shifu, I’m leaving.
嘉宾:好吧。
OK.
大牛:这边。
This way.
观众朋友们请看,
Ladies and gentlemen,
这就是南宋时期的龙窑遗址。
this is the site of the Dragon Kiln
of the Song Dynasty.
韩佳:怎么样,您是不是也觉得
Well, do you think
这个名字起得很形象啊?
the name is very figurative?
大牛:龙窑,龙窑,
The Dragon Kiln
就像是一条要下山的巨龙。
is like a huge dragon ready to get down the mountain.
Lóngkū jiù xiàngshì yì tiáo yào xià shān de jùlóng.
龙窑 就 像是 一 条 要 下 山 的 巨龙。
The Dragon Kiln looks like a giant dragon
climbing downhill.
韩佳:说得没错。这龙头就是火膛。
Absolutely. The dragon’s head is the furnace.
龙身就是窑床。
The dragon’s body is the kiln floor.
烟囱则设在它的尾巴上。
And the chimney is its tail.
大牛:嗯,我跟师傅打听过,
Uh-huh. I heard from my mentor that
他说这座龙窑可以算是瑶里境内
of all the kilns ever discovered in Yaoli,
已经发现的使用时间最长的瓷窑了。
this kiln was used for the longest period of time.
韩佳:嗬,知道的可真不少啊!
Huh, you know quite a lot!
大牛:既然是来当学徒的,
Since I am an apprentice here,
就得多看、多问。
I have to see more and ask more.
这样自然也就知道的比较多了。
Only this way, can I get to know more about the job.
韩佳:嗯,够牛气的!好了。
Ha, sound so self-assured! OK.
接下来呢
Next
就让我们看看今天的赏心悦目。
let’s watch today’s Feast for the Eyes.
一会儿见。
We’ll be right back.
赏心悦目:
韩佳:好了,看完了今天的赏心悦目,
Well, after today’s Feast for the Eyes,
又到了给您出题的时间了。
now time again for you to set a question
for today.
大牛:观众朋友们听好了。
Audience friends, listen carefully.
今天的问题是这样的。
Here’s today’s question.
(问题部分略)
韩佳:知道答案的朋友,
If you know the answer,
可以按照屏幕上的方式
please use the method given onscreen
发送给我们。
to send it to us.
大牛:只要您参与,
As long as you participate,
我们就有精美的纪念品送给您。
we’ll send a beautiful souvenir to you.
韩佳:节目的最后,提醒您
Before we wrap up, we’d like to remind you
别忘了我们的口号:
not to forget our slogan—
合: 学说中国话,朋友遍天下。
Learn Chinese and have friends everywhere.
(Source: cctv.com)